Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"My name is Zamokuhle and I like to eat."



Ask my son to introduce himself and he might say he likes soccer, or playing the drums or drawing...but that he likes to eat?  Not much of a chance.

So, when the Video Mentors of Infinite Family see Zamokuhle's blogpost on the Ezomndeni Net, and it begins with the introduction "My name is Zamokuhle and I like to eat." they know they are being introduced to a world unlike their own.

Our Net Buddy's blogs are windows into a world that few of us ever really experience.  The simple phrases they use define the landscape of their lives in profound ways.

"My name is Lebohang I live with my sister. She is the head of the house."

"My name is Ncesh. I don't have a friend and I don't know how to make one."

"Hey I would like to tell you about my birthday. It is sad because I have lost my mother before my birthday."

The Video Mentors of Infinite Family enter into the world of our Net Buddies, sit with them and share their stories, their struggles and help them find that friend, deal with their loss and see a more hopeful future.

And how do we know this?  We read the blogs.

"HI, I AM KUDINA AND I AM TURNING 14 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR AND IN GRADE 9.  I AM SO EXCITED THAT NEXT YEAR I WILL BE CHOOSING A CAREER AND  AND KNOWING THE MEANING OF LIFE!"

We hope that you will join Infinite Family as a supporter, donor, or mentor. Your world will become broader and more meaningful as you join these courageous children on their journey toward independence and hope. 









No comments: